We apply the lessons of research, informed by clear thinking and analysis and underpinned by our values.
We are committed to:
- Scrutinising the production of social harm and its social regulation through criminal justice.
- Developing holistic, sustainable and effective solutions to social harm that minimise the use of criminal justice processes.
- Working in partnership and collaboration with like-minded individuals and organisations to lever real and lasting change.
In our work we:
- Conduct research and analysis on social harm, the process of criminalisation, the criminal justice and social welfare systems.
- Develop holistic, practical and sustainable solutions to the problem of social harm in the UK and beyond.
- Work in creative networks and coalitions with like-minded individuals and organisations.
- Engage in public affairs and education work in the areas in which we operate.
We have an impact by:
- Publishing our research and that of our partners and collaborators.
- Bringing people together to share ideas and develop solutions.
- Providing a platform for people to share experiences and promote ideas.
- Working in collaboration with partners to extend our reach and influence.
- Using media and communications technology effectively and intelligently.
Understanding crime and criminal justice
We also work with a range of partners on various projects to advance public understanding of crime and the criminal justice process in the United Kingdom and beyond.