About this event
HMP Holloway closed in summer 2016 and sits on a large area of public land in Islington, one of the most densely populated boroughs in the capital with some of the highest housing costs.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- to raise local awareness that the site is up for sale.
- begin a discussion with local residents about the prison's closure and how the land might be used.
- discuss possibilities for council housing and services on the site.
- introduce the Justice Matters for Holloway project to develop a community plan for the future use of the prison site.
You can download a flyer for the event.
- Jeremy Corbyn MP
- Kat Fletcher, Islington Councillor
- Eileen Short, Housing campaigner
- Kate Paradine, Women in Prison
About this project
This meeting is organised by the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies as part of its recently launched project Justice Matters for Holloway.
The project is possible through the generous support of Trust for London.
Venue, time and date
76 Parkhurst Road
London, N7 0SS
Event terms and conditions