We are today announcing the full line-up of speakers for our not-to-missed conference: 'Criminal Justice since 2015: What happened? What next?'.
During the course of the day, an excellent line-up of speakers will shed light on criminal justice developments across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and offer insights into what the future holds:
- The newly-appointed Northern Ireland Justice Minister, Claire Sugden MLA, in one of her first keynote addresses since her appointment earlier this year.
- The former Scottish Justice Secretary, Kenny MacAskill, who pushed through major changes to the Scottish justice system, including the creation of the single police force: Police Scotland.
- The Director of Youth Justice Board Cymru, Dusty Kennedy.
- The former Chief Inspector of Probation for England and Wales, and former Chair of the Youth Justice Board, Professor Rod Morgan.
- The Chief Inspector of Prisons for Scotland, David Strang QPM.
- A justice specialist from the National Audit Office, Neil Carey.
There will be opportunities to meet and discuss the issues with others who attend. And we'll make sure you get a good lunch and refreshments throughout the day to keep the energy levels up.
Our director, Richard Garside, said:
'I am delighted that we have such a strong and expert group of speakers to explore the twists and turns of criminal justice developments across the United Kingdom.
'With the political and constitutional arrangements of the United Kingdom in the frame following the June referendum result, there has never been a better time to learn more about the complex criminal justice developments across the four parts of the United Kingdom.'