At the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies we advance public understanding of crime, criminal justice and social harm.
We are independent and non-partisan though motivated by our values. We stand with those most vulnerable to social harm.
We believe that the United Kingdom’s over reliance on policing, prosecution and punishment is socially harmful, economically wasteful, and prevents us from tackling the complex problems our society faces in a sustainable, socially just manner.
You can help to support this work by joining as a member.
As a member you get:
- A say in the Centre's strategy and development at our AGM and other member-only events and consultations
- Advance notice of our events, publications and initiatives
- A much reduced subscription rate to the British Journal of Criminology, one of the top criminology journals in the world
- The satisfaction of supporting an organisation committed to social justice, evidence and reasoned policy-making
We currently offer two membership types:
- Standard: for those in regular employment who can afford the full membership rate of £30
- Low income: our reduced rate of £20, for those studying full time, the retired or those on reduced incomes
Click the relevant link on the top right for more information and to join.